Sunday, October 01, 2006


Wow.. 13 hours later I'm in Taipei. The flight felt so incredibly long. I can't say how relieved I am to be off that plane. 4 movies, 2 meals, and 300 passengers.

The flight took off at 6 am (pacific time) from Seattle. After a warm towel service we were served dinner. I had the fish and rice. It was pretty good. Several drink rounds, and 4 movies later we were served breakfast. 2 hours later we landed.

This airport is incredibly sterile. There are thermal imaging cameras that monitor people for a fever. If you have a fever you have to wear a mask. The terminals are all quarantined. (they take bird flu very seriously)

I once again found myself in the exclusive first class lounge for EVA air. This lounge is their flagship lounge complete with a video game room (xbox 360's and flat panels), business lounge, showers, gym, and more. Oh yeah, all the food and drink you want. Right now I'm sipping on some Johnny Walker Black Label.

No comments: