Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I arrived in Bangkok Monday afternoon (16:00) and took a taxi to Khao San Road. The weather was muggy and it was raining lightly. I was exhausted and somewhat out of it and I needed to find a place quickly. Unfortunately that meant I wasn't going to find any of the places I have been recommended to stay.

I tried about 3 places before deciding on the 4th. The first 3 were probably better but I was tired and the price difference was small. I paid about $15 for a room with a single bed, private bathroom, hot shower, and cable television. The television was nice because I woke up this morning to watch some MNF before going downstairs for the included breakfast.

My next step is to find a better place to stay. Tomorrow I am leaving Bangkok for Koh Tao.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely make a beeline on the train from Bangkok to Chumphorn, where you can catch the ferry to Koh Tao. You may have to stay in a crazy guest house in Chumphorn and get up at 5am to catch the ferry, but it will all be worth it. Look for "Bird" on the ferry - he can set you up with a sweet deal for a dive course at Master Divers and accommodation. Tell him we say hi!! We stayed at OK2 Bungalows but I think you should stay on the main beach. Shine on, John - I am so excited for you! Your world is going to be rocked over there!!!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea where any of these places you're going are so I'm going to follow you on a map.
I feel like I'm playing "Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego."

Anonymous said...

I feel a little weird sitting at a computer at work living vicariously through you, but I feel confident that you will enjoy yourself enough that I can pretend I had fun too. See you in Bangkok in a few minutes, we'll grab some beers, maybe go to a museum, I can't wait!

Luke Rhinehart said...

awesome John- maybe you should be looking for a "worse" place to stay though eh? Cold water showers build character.

Luke Rhinehart said...

awesome John- maybe you should be looking for a "worse" place to stay though eh? Cold water showers build character.

Luke Rhinehart said...

awesome John- maybe you should be looking for a "worse" place to stay though eh? Cold water showers build character.

Anonymous said...

i feel like i'm playing "where in the world is beansers" and at the same time don't know where in the world i am half the time, getting these southern towns mixed up.