Thursday, October 05, 2006




I found a resort on Koh Tao where I will complete my open water dive training. I arrived this morning around 10:00 am and the class starts today at 4 pm. It is a 4 day course. I am staying at the resort for 200 baht per night. (about $5.30 USD) The rooms are discounted for students. The normal price is 400 baht per night.

The resort is beautfil with multiple swimming pools and cascading waterfalls. My room is on the third floor overlooking the ocean and the upper pool.

Koh Tao is an incredible island. It reminds me of St. John with far less development. There is a main road that is about the width of a boardwalk that spans the western side of the island. You can rent a motorbike for $4.00 per day or you can walk or hitch a ride on the back of a bike.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

saw you at the resort. Koh Tao is really cool.
where are you going from here?

Anonymous said...

man, your pictures bring back such great memories! when your dad and I were there we rented a moped to cruise around the island, and tried to go offroading on it but abandoned that idea after about five minutes. the roads are hellish, but the paved ones are ok. There's also an amazing day spa on the island (on Shark Bay) where we spent a full day getting treatments and massage, and it only cost us $30. Don't miss out on the thai massage!!!!

Anonymous said...

You look so cute sitting there all alone, bet you wish I was there.

John said...

Junior,

Back to BKK next week to meet a friend on the 13th... then heading north. Say hi if you see me again.